You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Admin Mama_DeLicious

[+1] [-1]

Subject: Is life fair and balanced?
As an older more mature person here I have found that there are so many things here that relate to the day to day challenges of life.

Let's face it. I wish life were so easy. Need to make more gold to pay the bills. Just go lumber. You can lumber 24 hours a day if you so wish to make more gold. In real life most of us work an 8 hour day get paid and go home. Not much room to work overtime. Costs the companies too much money. So we suffer through and either take a second job which usually makes us miserable and tired.

Going fishing is a luxury that costs us money in real life. Yes it can be very expensive to fish in DW, but you do get paid to do it.
Unlike real life. Now I know some of you will say that at least you can eat the fish you catch in real life. But are you always guaranteed to catch fish when you go fishing in real life. NO
So thus it costs you time and money. Oh yeah, another point. Fishing in real life also takes time, patience, and knowledge. Fishing in DW takes very little time and patience and as for knowledge, any decent clan has a fishing guide in it. (you notice I said decent not good)

As for being ruled by a king that taxes you. I have been paying taxes for 33 years. You never get ahead of them. Just when you think you have it made the laws change and boom. More taxes.
Back to square one and trying to figure out how to get around them. Yes, there is always something we can do to figure out how to save some money on taxes. New taxes are being added and changed in real life all the time. No different then the game.

Gambling is another issue. It is something we as a community have to deal with. I think almost every country has some type of gambling. It is your choice. whether to gamble your hard earned money or not is up to you. Obviously gambling should teach you some real life lessons. You gamble your gold in DW your kids don't starve, you house doesn't get repossessed, and for the most part you don't go to jail (unless you do something stupid) if you gamble in DW. So another lesson DW teaches you to prepare for real life.

As for free scratch cards being bait. Since when is that different from what businesses do in real life. (yes, DW is a business) Offer you something for free to get you into the store and then you end up spending twice as much as the free item would have cost to begin with. Another real life lesson.

So when you take a look at the game. Yes, this is a game and the owner can do what he wants. It is his game. Think about how many life lessons you are being taught and can be used in real life. How you play the game is up to you. Whether you spend or not is up to you. You and only you control how the game is played.

Nothing in life is free. Someone has always got to pay. Be it with hard work and determination or real money. The choice is yours. The world is made up of rich people and poor people and at least in DW you control your destiny. Not someone else.

No Signature

Time Posted: November 4 2011 02:43 pm EDT
Last updated: November 5 2011 12:03 pm EDT

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: