You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Developer Feltash

[+1] [-1]

Subject: Response
Not at all, I want to make the game better for everyone and questions like these help me to understand what's frustrating you most.

I totally agree about the crappy game lags, but this is because there is over 400,000 players in the database and queries on such a huge number of accounts slows things down.

We are going to make some changes to the players tables so that inactive (not logged in within 3 months) players will not be in the main database but in a restore only database. This effectively means that they will not exist in the game unless they log into the game again, at which time the account will be restored. Any accounts that go over this 3 month inactivity period will enter this restore state. This also applies to all of the other tables attached to that player so the equipment, skills, logs and mails of said users will also enter a restore only state so the game will only need to scan over tables with active players inside, making things MUCH faster at all times.

We will also turn on the auto-mail delete and auto logs delete for every 14 days.

This will decrease the reset and revive periods to almost nothing due to only a small percentage of players being updated at these times.

Full game backups currently run every other day. This is why you all sometimes hit a hard lag period of around 30 minutes at a certain time of the day. The entire database and game files (over 16GB of data) is all being wrapped in zips and stored on backup disks. Whilst this is happening the game locks because the tables are locked in a steady state so the backup is not constantly changing. This is something that cannot be ridded of unless we want to enter a weekly backup phase which is a huge risk if something happens to the game, as accounts could only be restored to the last back up point.

As for the spending gap. I honestly do not think there is a huge gap, Mama and Ox are great living proof that a clan with little spending activity can easily compete if they put the energy and motivation into climbing victories ladder. Competing against players who have invested many dollars into the game should not come easily and I feel the current challenges set by these players are currently fair and achievable with time and motivation applied.

As for the game credit shop prices. Dark Warriors has heavily relied upon special pop up offers to generate revenue in order to maximise your gaming experience. We spend thousands daily on marketing the game all over the Internet, driving new players into the game so that activity is always here. Obviously dropping game credit shop prices would be a risk, if players still continued to wait for special popup offers instead of using the shop we would end up in a worse position where players would only spend if prices were even lower than set GC prices and this in turn would then effect our marketing level and the game would perish.

Let me know your thoughts, I am listening

Tom

No Signature

Time Posted: August 13 2011 05:45 pm EDT
Last updated: August 27 2011 04:56 am EDT

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: