You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Anathema

[+1] [-1]

Subject: A few gold sucking ideas, that might just be fun too.
Well, if you've not seen the new gold updates, you'll probably notice sooner or later.

Here are just a few ideas, feel free to add to this post and such.

1. More options for higher level players.

Hoping this would encourage people to level, as well as give them things to spend gold on. People have been interested in options that give a good incentive to level your character.

- A higher level black smith that can allow you to fuse/upgrade/enhance your weapons in various ways, for a gold fee and perhaps some other elements.

(I'll include more information on this idea in a post below this one)

- Higher level skills, for platinum or gold. Preferably ones people would buy, stronger than UH, maybe something comparable to black fate at a level above 1000 or 2000. Or just some skills that will be more effective against NPC mobs, stat based ones. Even if not going to help much in pvp.

- Quests that will cost some gold, and some effort, but with high exp rewards.

- Paying gold at various levels for a temporary stat boost, or exp gain boost bonuses. Not too cheap, but a price that would tempt people to use the feature.

E.g. Stat boosts can be available at level 40. Boosts could last up to 12 hours (only effective in NPC battles) and obtainable only once every 24 hours or so.

Exp boosts could go up to 5x or so. 1.5 x exp at level 40, 2x exp at level 80, 3x exp at level 150, 4x exp at level 250, 5 x at level 500.

2. More NPC shop options in general. I kinda suggest an increase in prices there, considering how easily gold is obtained.

I imagine it'd be some work to reprice the stores, still worth looking into.

- Personal log messages, somewhat like a Grady. Currently, we can only give gifts to a friend or make a custom black smith item and pass it to someone as a funny lil gift.

Charge 50k or so, to send someone a direct log message you can personalize and I believe people would pay it.

You have the option of paying more for the message to be anonymous.

I guess ultras could turn off receiving them in account options, or perhaps select to receive only the messages that are not anonymously sent.

3. Seafaring could be given more options, lol, like the whole seafaring NPCs.. You can level your rig and maybe add more upgrades for higher level rigs? Increase the level caps for rigs a bit and add some more upgrades.

Seafaring battles against NPCS could damage upgrades if the battle is lost, which would need to be repaired so would use gold. Also, upgrades could wear a bit from being used in general which would also cost gold.

I think anything along those lines would be a much nicer update to get, than to just take the easy route of taxing people so much just from their banks.

Thank you, to anyone who took the time to read this.

Time Posted: June 15 2011 10:18 am EDT
Last updated: June 19 2011 08:02 pm EDT

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: