You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Anathema

[+1] [-1]

Subject: Black Smith idea
I was thinking about this and here is a bit more of an explanation about my black smith ideas.

Fusing: You could fuse higher level NPC shop bought equipment with any other piece of equipment with a set success and fail rate depending on how many times it's been upgraded or fused in the past.

Fusing could require a potion or items collected or made from things found in other areas of the game. As well as a gold fee, or perhaps even gold could be used directly with the weapons as one of the required elements.

A completely successful fusion (incredibly rare) would add the power of the equipment to the main item being used in the fusion, and perhaps (if applicable) a higher percent than normal of that other item's stat boost.

A result, of an extremely successful fusion, could be a blade with say 800 agi and 200 str with 1000 power.

Attempting such a fusion could be extremely costly, but I can see some people liking the idea. Stats on equipment can be capped and power capped too, perhaps based on level as well.

It's a bit like the current black smith, only super black smithing.

Other results of fusion can be some partial stats from the other item, (cannot have more than 2 different stats on a blade, or maybe 2 stats can become the one stat of the main fuse equipment). Partial power from the other item, increased endurability from the other equipment (even if it's a small percentage of an increase), etc.

The fuse attempt could also fail, resulting in no gains and perhaps a downgrade of any previous fusions. I don't think this should be too common, as it would deter people from trying the feature - but I do think it could become more common the more times an item is fused.

Upgrading: The basic upgrading, except more costly gold wise. Higher level black smith can give a chance of stat boosts, depending on the current boost of the item - otherwise default is strength.

Making the chance for stat boosts uncertain is to make sure not to devalue the land title with a black smith boost, even if it is once a day. Also makes people put more gold into trying to upgrade their equipment and it will eventually pay off.

Enhancements: or perhaps enchantments as well. Enhancements could be temporary or more costly for permanent.

Enhancements could increase exp gains, or could add effects such as poison or higher chance of critical hits directly to your weapons or armor.

Some could be effective against NPC only, others could be effective against players and NPC - but at a higher cost.

I'm sure Felt can think of other fun enhancements, and perhaps each item could be limited to three. You'd need to pay gold to have your item readied for an enhancement and perhaps enhancement attempts might have varying effectiveness.

Items that could be involved for any of these ideas are animal and fish products from fishing and trapping, leaves from the DF, orbs, and demon eggs.

Time Posted: June 15 2011 10:41 am EDT
Last updated: June 15 2011 10:41 am EDT

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: