You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Roger Ramjet

[+1] [-1]

Subject: Seafaring
Okay most know my view on this subject.

Firstly the good changes: The latest additions including extra casts, fishing bobs, crows nest etc all bought via the GC are really good additions. They allow people who want to fish to fish and give some added boost to pirates.

The bad changes: Buying BAP, only being able to attack a player once per reset, limiting BAP gains for training to 3 BAP per level and making the points between levels so high that under current changes it is near impossible to get BAP via training and playing.

The best course for seafaring in my opinion would have to allow the GC extra's like crows nest etc but not to have allowed BAP buying. Of course it is too late now but for future changes the same principles should be considered.

Again, why, well now we have super ships no-one can sink and it is all become fishing and using the merchant flag. Most players are out for 5 minutes to fish and then back to dock. During this time they cannot be attacked and thus sinkings have become very difficult. As one player pointed out in another post it is now boring.

Had BAP remained the same e.g. only gained via playing the game it would have left it open to give non-spenders the ability to play and become stronger then the spenders, giving a motivation to keep playing at seafaring. I now find it rare to see a rowboat out and it is mostly warships with merchant flags just fishing and then returning to dock.

To make matters worse even if non-spenders wanted to develop thier boats they cannot anymore. With only one sinking of a player per revive you cannot train like the old days, thus severly limiting your point gains.

The developers could have still made money off seafaring by just allowing the additions in GC shop like the spy glass etc without making BAP buyable. In the short term probably less money but in the long term I believe more money. The only thing left in seafarer for most players is fish with flag for 5 minutes then leave. 5 minutes of play in one area does not make a good game.

No Signature

Time Posted: May 7 2011 07:53 pm EDT
Last updated: September 3 2013 09:18 am EDT

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: