You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

KOS_MOS

[+1] [-1]

Subject: Instead of your idea, Tom...
I'd go with EL's idea here.

Most of the time when a person first starts an RPG, they test out "all" the different classes to find which one they're comfortable with.

In our current situation, we will have to pay a huge amount of sapphires to switch between classes.
That sir, is something new players can do right away so they're pretty much stuck! Ouch!

"I don't feel right with this class, I need to switch but I can't! Whats my alternative... Maybe if I quietly make a multi..."

^ That is what a lot of players will be thinking at first.
~

If we go with your idea, Tom. Its most likely that people will use those ALT character as mules and feeders.

If we go with EL's idea, players will feel more prepared when they'll be force to choose a class they'll have to stay with.
They'll be able to finish Berlock's quest as a apprentice and know about the game.
AND maybe my idea is that you add a new addition to Berlock's quest by giving them a new mission like this,

"You have reached the final stage. You now know the basics of being a Dark Warrior, my apprentice. Now its time for you to choose what kind of warrior you shall be from now. Warrior, Rogue, Archer, Mage, Acolyte. *Berlock gives you a description about the classes and their attack style, and whatnot."

But before choosing a class, you'll have to go read a... "Sticky" giving information about the classes.
Unless Training Lycieum has one. Never been there.
~

Well thats just a quick idea of mine. Didn't really put 100% thought into it but I think going through this path will help new players and make things a little more exciting.

Time Posted: April 9 2010 02:11 am EDT
Last updated: April 9 2010 02:11 am EDT

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: