You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Dead_Meat

[+1] [-1]

Subject: Mining. (whaa .... another one ?!?)
So, guess it`s my turn now .

First of all I want to say, that I know there are already some posts about this out there, like the ones from: MaximusJr, DonTPanic, Whisky and Mad_Platter, with whom I agree, the mining system needs a reboot.

I would just like to add something extra, that the others didn`t (I think) .... mainly it`s about monsters.

So why not add some monsters in the mines too, so people have a little trill when mining, like in the forests, you just run along peacefully, and .... BAM !! .... a monster jumps at you, and you start wacking at it with your pickaxe, DIE DIE DIE !! .

Ok, it was a little too graphic, but you get the idea, and since people don`t have many fatigue points, they would fight the monsters without loosing any fatigue (possibly).

This might make players, veterans and noobies alike, more interested in the mining system, and it would be a good thing to promote new special offers upon, starting from more specialized gear, to things that boost your fatigue and experience.

Since there are some things that depend on the ore you find in there, that can be adressed too, as the others already posted, to boost the findings in there, maybe have the monsters drop things, and finding things on the floor.

Good monsters for this could be the goblins, dwarves, rock monsters .... and as you go further down, you may hit the mythical beasts as well, demons, firelings etc., and as in the forests, they could be stats based too, for good fun.

Don`t think it will take a lot of coding to do, since the baseline for this already exists in the Dark Forest, it would be just a merger between those too.

Thanks for reading.

P.S. - Special thanks to the others that posted about this, and the ones I may have missed, they are all great ideas .

Regards,

Ange.

Time Posted: July 2 2012 03:30 am EDT
Last updated: July 10 2012 02:21 am EDT

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: