You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

DarkSol

[+1] [-1]

Subject: Idea No 3
Serfs and Knights Update

This idea is essentially an idea for a new improved overhaul of the serf system.

Part 1: Serfs

Firstly serfs will be purchasable from the serf market on a permanent basis (similar to purchasing a dwelling for example) and not rented using saps as currency - Maximum 1 serf per player and when bought cannot be traded back in.

Each serf will have several lines of expertise and a level of experience linked to that area.

An example of what a new serf will look like is as follows:

DarkSol's Serf

Lumber
Level 1 (exp 0 - 100 to next level)
Mining
Smithing
Fishing
Combat
Trapping

With me so far?

Now here is where things really change to the current system -

Once purchased, at each reset you may select one area to focus on for that entire reset. Once selected your serf then gives you automated gains each hour to your logs and the sef will gain a small amount of exp to the next level (note - once an area is selected then this can not be changed untill the next reset).

As the process is automated once that resets choice of where to put your serf to work is made a player does not need to remain online however your serf stops working at the end of the reset and will not work untill an area is selected again (this way a player cannot go inactive for several months and come back to massive riches).

Heres a brief idea of how each area works and an idea for how to scale level

Lumber: rewards you with 10,000 gold per serf level in lumber
Fishing: rewards you with +5 random fish per serf level of fishing
Mining: rewards you with +25 random ores per serf level of mining
Smithing: rewards you with +10 plats per serf level of smithing
Trapping: rewards you with +5 random catches per serf level of trapping
Combat: rewards you with +0. 05 random stat gain per serf level of combat

So an example of a log would look as follows:

* 12:00 - Your serf toils for this revive and gains 10 platinums - And 10 exp to next level *

But what (you ask) will make me want to build up areas where the gains are lower?....why train trapping when I can get 10 plats per smithing level?

This brings me onto the next stage of a serfs development

Part 2: Knights

Once your serf has successfully achieved maximum level in ALL areas of expertise (say max is level 10...) then a new option will open up for you.

You are given the option to grant your serf a knighthood and send it questing for the glory of its liege.

Once knighted a serf is then set free and no longer under your control however from that moment on every reset you will recieve an automatic log with a gift of your knights findings.

The gains from knights will be purely random and can literally be anything although scaled percentage will apply on elite gains probability.

So for example your knight could bring you:

Gold
A few stones (helix, saps etc)
A couple of GC
A few subby/ultra days
Energy, AP or ability

(Think akin to the current secret passage - but with a greater level of depth and field of range to go with the work involved to get to knighthood)

Finally.....

With no serf active (because you have managed to promote yours to knighthood) the serf market then unlocks for you once more - Enabling you to purchase another serf and start the process of training and gaining all over again....with the end result being that eventually that serf will also be knighted, giving you 2x knights all questing and treasure hunting for you....and repeat...

At this stage I would say a limit to the number of knights may be in order to maintain balance (i thought perhaps 3x), but a new max limit of +1 could be given in future packages (much like the myst potion) or purchasable in the GC store for a relative sum.

Thoughts?

No Signature

Time Posted: June 27 2012 08:07 am EDT
Last updated: July 1 2012 09:01 am EDT

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: