You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

DraculoS

[+1] [-1]

Subject: I didnt take offense
my point is ..the main aim of the Game itself is to encourage players to spend RL money..a lot of players work...so spending could be an option...but for some...with a spiralling downwards economy as present in DW because of imbalances in net worth and unstable market prices and new packages being thrown out ever so often with a clear visual that the amt of gems offered a while ago has dropped compared to now...who's to say that you the game developer may not be aware of the masses of nonspenders who may be wiling to spend considerable amts once you get your shit organized...rather than have a fair create another imbalance...

the example i am using in my head...a fair comes along..gold as currency...noobs and players hoarding/saving crash the market to lower prices hoping to get some quick gold for fair...billionaires buy these stones to accomodate...yes i get fair items, but next week i may not be able to afford someting else and you wont sell me back my stones at the price you bought them...logical yes ..1 day old real life millionaire player joins the game 1 day after the fair..sees high prices, sees no gains really, sees too much money to put out infront the first time...this game is crap and leaves..gamers dont lose..developer loses..starts spending time another idea and then we complain about them not caring..

so..easiest option is to control prices in your present system..have options available to control prices...eg..Gibblets shop once opened on the first day...GC market should have been deleted...Gibblet should offer GC for the same prices they are buying ..i buy GC if i need, i use GC for gold if i need...currency still comes out of the game.

Price control is necessary..the world cant get it right i dont expect a game to do it anyways...

and i think the GC shop and clan buildings were integrated into the game so that fairs dont happen again.

Time Posted: June 17 2012 09:22 am EDT
Last updated: June 17 2012 09:31 am EDT

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: