You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

The_SoulStealer

[+1] [-1]

Subject: My idea
This one's limited by the time issue as maybe it will take quite a bit of time to develop.

True, there are a lot of improvements that need to be done in DW, but this isn't something new that will bring in more people and revive interest from the near inactives. My idea is based on my comparisons with other games that I play and I think should be considered, if not now, in the longer run.

How about incorporating some kind of event with a story line? A real plot that will engage everyone's interest. It can be an interactive kind of comic book. For example, one segment would show a picture of a freakybadass monster with some plot lines in it, and the player would then have to battle it out DW style.

There could also be rewards along the story, example again; let's say to beat the monster mentioned earlier you had to go on a quest to find a special sword in the story. What could happen is that you actually acquire the sword in your inventory after completing that stage in the story.

This story quest thing shouldn't be too hard for a noob to complete, it shouldn't be too hard that players will just go read up on it in the forums. The main attribute should be that the story should be interesting enough to keep you coming back for more.

So basically, this update will include chances to gain better stuff plus something to pique everyone's curiosity. I mean I enjoy DW but it isn't really the game where folks can try to imagine "what's going to happen next" or "Who's the culprit." I think quite a bit of new players lose interest because it's all very retrospective, they've got to go learn about stuff which other people have done, work hard to become the player somebody else already is.

It can get quite tiring trying to learn about everything in the game initially so something like this could keep them in the game long enough for them to find out how much fun it is.

No Signature

Time Posted: June 17 2012 08:13 am EDT
Last updated: June 17 2012 08:31 am EDT

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: