You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

DonTPanic

[+1] [-1]

Subject: My 3 cents
As a person playing this game on and off through the years. What has kept me here is mostly the strong community that permeates thew-out the the game. Ideally with any game that holds people too it, will be the charm created in the community as well as the game play. If you are concerned about keeping members or attracting new members to the site. You have to set your game outside many others to which many are naturally going to compare.

Thus far, there are many good ideas here by the other members of the game. I don't think it necessary to propose any new ideas. From a personal standpoint, most of what already exist in the game is more than enough to keep both the casual and ultra-dedicated player busy.

So here is my proposal. Many areas of the game, like mining, outposts, forest, dark forest and others, just feel really old or aging at a rapid rate. I've already memorized even have nightmares of meeting psycho Steve ever again. It would be nice to have a re-write of the forest and dark forest scripts to give them a more story oriented feel to them. As for out posting and mining, they just feel over all dull. I think people just do them out of habit or not at all. Just something to give a breath of fresh air to these areas of the game would be something that just might let people enjoy the experience a bit more.

Something that has bothered me for a very long time, is the inability to trade beef stews or bitter leafs. I have no use for them and I only did when I got them from the Town Fairs. It used to be that you could trade them to other players which was one of the reasons some of us even bothered with them. If not making them trade-able to other players, at least an option to sell them back to the game.

One last suggestion I had made before, is how about a refresh of equipment, such as armor, shields, weapons, helms and rings. I am not speaking of the ones offered in packages. Rather it would be both refreshing for new players to have more options and also adjust their stats. The current stats on most of what is available in the shops is just not practical at all. If you are worried about the economics, just make it an option to either pay in stones or gcs. Perhaps lower stats, but priced so that someone who isn't made of money has a standing chance to get some decent items without out too much hassle.

I believe the suggestions I am making is not overly painful to implement. It also could make the game which really doesn't need more, just better look and minor adjustments. Of course having new system ideas put in place is also nice.

Regards

No Signature

Time Posted: June 15 2012 04:35 am EDT
Last updated: June 15 2012 04:35 am EDT

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: