You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Laudimir

[+1] [-1]

Subject: Combat and Equip

One thing I'd be interested in seeing would be an addition of weight to the combat formula; the heavier ones equipment, the slower they might move...but, perhaps a strong character can wield heavier equip before they experience a slow down. Might introduce a greater degree of strategy (that dagger might be better than a heavy longsword for a weaker character).

I'm also a fan of dual wielding, so I'd love that choice (even for RP purposes more than anything else).

Another thing I would do would be to change or fix equipment and armor-instead of everything giving power bonuses, armor would absorb/deflect damage (better defense), with weapons giving power bonuses. This would give a distinction to making the choice to use a shield over another weapon (or a 2handed weapon, even).

With the addition of weight, some items could be lighter and/or heavier to balance them, or give a player a greater variety of choices. When items are created, maybe they can be made with to be lighter depending on ores used-that might allow for the development of enchantments for stat boosts, and other customizations.

Just a few ideas, and a bit of ramble at that XD

No Signature

Time Posted: October 11 2011 01:16 am EDT
Last updated: October 11 2011 01:16 am EDT

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: