You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

bbing

[+1] [-1]

Subject: Ideas on the 'Economical Changes'
First off, I completely understand that the recent updates cannot be undone, so this is not a post asking for a reversal.

I just have a few ideas which will make the tax system fairer and slightly more acceptable to everyone. It is discouraging that there's a hurdle to working hard for character improvement and I think the blow should be lessened.

Tax limits

There is a slight injustice in the way players are taxed right now. I would like to illustrate with reference to the UK Tax rules for 2010-11 on high earning individuals.

up to GBP 37400: 20%
GBP 37401-150000: 40%
GBP 150000+: 50%

As you can see, a consistent set of rules apply to everyone. I propose that DW should adopt a similar approach.

up to 10mil: exempt
10.1mil-100mil: 0.1%
100.1mil-500mil: 1.0%
500.1mil-1000mil: 1.5%

That way, everyone has a 10mil exemption and only gets taxed at any exceeding amounts. Right now, it's the players who have spent a lot of time and effort earning high who are suffering since they are paying higher rates of tax on every single gold coin they own when this is not really fair.

Give and Take

Governments tax their citizens in order to spend on their own welfare. I think therefore that the tax system should give some kind of benefit to players. The following are some suggestions:

1. All the taxed gold can go into a monthly mega lottery in which everyone has a stake. The crux of this idea came from someone else but I will just develop on it. To make it fairer, the number of 'entries' in this lottery could be linked to the rate at which you pay tax. Example: at 0.1% you get one entry, at 1% you get 2 entries, at 1.5% 3 entries..... the higher tax you pay, the more chances you have of winning.

2. Alternatively, all revenue from tax can go into the Hi-Lo jackpot. More people will spend GCs on Hi-lo if the potential rewards are massive.

There can be other ways of spending the tax for the betterment of all players, these are just suggestions. You could even give everyone free 5 day subby and 3 day ultra monthly as a concession for paying tax.

Fair pay

Let's be realistic and logical. The daily wage is way out of proportion to the prices we pay for things. An increase could be incorporated into the updates to better reflect the current 'economy'.

Just a couple of ideas....any constructive criticism/additions/improvements would be great. We're all trying to make our gaming more fun here.

bbing

No Signature

Time Posted: June 19 2011 05:02 am EDT
Last updated: June 21 2011 09:53 pm EDT

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: