You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Waiten

[+1] [-1]

Subject: Caps and Taxes
Actually since I'm new here, I don't see myself being disadvantaged by the new tax system. I actually prefer to see something as such in place. In many MMO's the static ability for players to achieve vast hordes of currency, ends up disrupting the economical balance, despite the use of RL monies or not. Some long term players have rarely spent a RL cent in some games, though they dominate at the top of their various worlds, simply because of the mass accumulation of game world currency, others achieve this by spending RL cash. In games with static accumulation the prices of tradible game world merchandise becomes heavily overinflated, which leads to players begging, and often quitting early due to the simple fact they must spend RL cash to ever really catch up or get involved.
More and more games have begun to incorporate Caps and taxes help to balance some of these economical anomalies as well they provide a variety of opportunities such as evolving in game economics, development of new in game marketing and budgeting, development of new player techniques( have some imagination), and of course adds some realism.

It can he hard to adjust to new things, especially the longer you had to become accustomed to the old. I'm sure a few tweaks will be needed along the way, but this is why we have forums, a chance for players and admin to hash out the details. That's at least my opinion on it.

Adapt, Evolve, Persevere

no +/-

Time Posted: June 16 2011 08:25 pm EDT
Last updated: June 17 2011 03:19 am EDT

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: