You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Genio_Pazzesco

[+1] [-1]

Subject: OK Here are my thoughts
I just found this whole thread and got caught up and just read up to this point (from bottom up) and I agree the MOST with what had been said in this particular thread by Maggie and Mutt.

I was thinking more of the LOGISTIC as to how monitoring and screening and banning would go for this MUCH NEEDED chat room -- I would call it RESPONSIBLE for the lack of better word because by the time someone can carry an intelligent, well rounded conversation without having to resort to immature tactics such as rainbow color, drama, childish rant, etc, it goes without saying that is what admins and staffs could separate these so called -- RESPONSIBLE -- chatters from the general DW1 population. I do this all the time on JJ (Jurassic Jungle) chat room with Mama D and other JJers!!

I thought about it and from my experience enforcing OGN chat courtesy and chat rules (from my GH ex-staff point of view on JJ) logistically speaking, DW1 admins and staffs could do this on the PER QUALIFICATION basis.

Interested RESPONSIBLE chatters apply to a group of GH (admins + staffs) who would be monitoring it and running it since there need to be banning and rule enforcing in this chat room. There is an application process and I am not sure how developers could implement it but I am sure a password system or what not will allow ONLY those who pass the RESPONSIBLE / MATURITY test to enter this chat room.

If at a later time, someone admitted to this RESPONSIBLE chat room abuse it or turn out to NOT be one then the monitoring GH (admin / staff) can easily ban these offending chatters.

Honor basis simply DOES NOT work. Sad to say but as an RL TA dealing with young adult working on their High School Diploma / GED, I have seen SO MANY immature 40-year-old (!!!!) and at the same time very very mature barely 18-year-old!!! It all depends on a person individual maturity, their past experience and their diligence and their ability to learn and thrive!! I have lived long enough and have been an educator LONG enough to know that certain things CANNOT be left to the honor system!!!!

As to the ADULT part that Mutt was referring too, here's a tongue in cheek practical comment I have got: SURE we should reserve a more adult theme in this RESPONSIBLE chat room since these chatters have earned it!! And this is again NOT a general population chat. This could be done on a time / schedule basis. People who DO NOT like or condone gambling (live hi lo or whatever else) DO NOT have to be there at those times!!!! right? Hey, we are still talking it through, right, we don't have this implemented yet!! I believe that EVERYTHING is possible and we MAKE it happen!!

What say you????

Genio

Time Posted: May 22 2011 04:56 pm EDT
Last updated: May 22 2011 05:31 pm EDT

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: