You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Staff The_Hunger

[+1] [-1]

Subject: My mentors
This would be way too long of a post than I feel like typing, so I'll just list the people and give a short reason why. I've been here for a long time, and my memory flickers... So I'll probably forget a few.

(Old DW)
1. My brother. He was the one that got me started in the game and showed me around a bit, teaching me what little he knew.

2. Finwe Telrunye. One of the players from Europe that took me into his clan and taught me what he knew about the game, introduced me to some new players and all-round got me comfortable with the game. I'm not sure I'll ever forget that crazy bastard... Him, along with FogWraith.

3. Buzzbee. I met her through some friends, we ended up starting a clan together that was successful (in my mind), and I always respected her for helping myself and others out so much. She was a great person, it's a shame she's not around anymore.

(New DW)
4. Alexia Huff and (believe it or not) Merfolk. These were the two people that showed me around the game when I first heard about it. Taught me what was new, got me started. It was through them two that I got my new start in DW and met some of the people that I did.

5. Boy Scout, Maelstom. Volvec. The three Knights of the Rose pioneers. The best clan I've ever been a part of to this day. They really helped me grow as a player, and really got me into the game. I'm proud to say I knew them and that they were good friends of mine.

6. I'm just going to group all these people together, because they all essentially helped in the same area, and I consider them a close group of friends from the olden days. Danny Glendale, Alora, Line Jumper, and Brom. They were established members after I made yet another return to DW and we all quickly became friends. Double Tap, one of the best clans I can remember to this day.

7. Doc Ron. I know you still lurk around today, making odd appearances. You were one of my major mentors and friends back in the day when I was a young helper/staffie/admin. Great guy, great friend. We were all lucky to have had you.

8. Whisky. You were a great guy to talk to, and we had some good times together. You were always there to help when it was needed, and I wish you still played the game. You probably helped me in the game without ever even knowing it.

9. Anonymous. Bah, you're just a hooligan. You don't need a thank you note. But you know why you're here.

10. B52, Nate, Nappy, and all of the WASP crew. We've had some fun times together, I don't think we've ever talked without talking shit and making fun of one another, some good memories (even though Nappy loves the cock).

11. Feltash. As the owner of the game, you've always had to be there... But you were there, talking to people and getting to know your players, always trying to improve for them. You always did more than was necessary, even if people didn't see it. That's one of the things that makes you great as an owner and friend. Over the years we've gotten to know one another, I mean, it was bound to happen over the course of 7 years. Overall, I'm glad you've made this game and stuck with it for so long. I have alot of respect for you and the things you've done, even if you're just a british prick.

This list is mostly in chronological order, except for Tom. I've had some great times here, and alot of idols/mentors. It's great knowing you all.

I've learned to be an asshole on my own, but alot of you have helped.

Time Posted: March 22 2011 10:44 am EDT
Last updated: March 22 2011 09:22 pm EDT

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: