You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Anathema

[+1] [-1]

Subject: Well...And this will be a bit long...
As I want to explain what led up to my decision to play World 1.

I was originally from World 2. I signed up, I found a clan, they tried to mentor me and I did well until I lost interest. My clan, The Black Devils – I think it was called. Their probation period had been strict, I had to post my fishing and training results every reset for 30 days. I did well until my real life had become busy and I stopped logging on.

When I did return, it had been to chat, mostly. I made some friends and trained, as that is all I really knew how to do. I was too lazy to fish.

When I had been made helper in World 2, I was pretty clueless about the game details still. I was well aware of the game rules, but I had NEVER even read a game guide or made any new efforts to try and learn the game beyond those few basics.

Guides were still a bit much for me to bother with, so I tried playing the game. I got a few basics down. I had a decent outpost (Old style outposts). I was able to be of more help, and I was very happy with my orange coat.

By this time, I had made an account in world 1, but just could not imagine playing the game. World one had updates that world 2 lacked, and so I was left clueless and refused to ask for help myself. I left my account on level 1, and trained when I remembered to.

I did not even know what ability did until I became a world 1 helper, and had to ask so I could answer people who asked me.

The perfect opportunity to understand world 1 and it's crazy updates arrived, in the form of Elia_Jo aka Nelli. She owned Black Guard, and wanted me to be active. The only flaw with her plans was that the mentor she gave me was both lazy and as clueless as I was when it came to world 1. (Merfie Dear )

The other mentor available, had been Scabernac.. Aka Eddie... How funny it is to me now, that I was once scared of him. Which is why I never even considered him being my mentor at the time.

I eventually became too inactive to be ignored, and was removed from the clan. I'd log onto world one to chat... And then fair came along...

----Interval-----

------------------

Fair, the game was insanely laggy. Despite that, I still made the effort to chat at times. Although, along with the rest of the chatters I complained about the lag. Felt ended up fixing it. Darn thieves had caused it refreshing the Gold WoF to steal.

Fair is what made me decide to play world one, of course, a bit too late for me to make that decision. I'm still very glad I made it.

I had completely lost interest in world 2. I focused on my camping, and randomly spent on the first stone hut sale I saw. Figuring $50 should help make up for my time of inactivity, and I really wanted some more of that yummy ultra subscription.

Scabernac had noticed my increased activity in the game, and had decided to recruit me into The Kingdom of the Myrmidons. Where he began to mentor me personally, ( I was still not completely over my fear of him, but it did not take long for that to go away. Lol.)

He taught me what I did not know, and eventually anything I needed to know to have a fighting chance in this Dark World of ours. He once even used his own elements to buy me something I had been borrowing, just to save my stats from falling. A ring I still have today.

Ah, memories.. I still remember SirBalain chasing me around so I'd post in clan forums.

Eddie was mentoring me to become a venner, and I was anxious, everyday to ven. To level above 4 and kill, kill, kill. Eventually, we both had to leave TKOTM to participate in a CBR.

FARMERS became our new home, and I learnt a lot from being a part of that clan. It was there, that my ven addiction began.

When I left them, with great reluctance. it was to try out running a clan for myself.

I can say I've learnt things from a lot of people in Dark Warriors. So many have contributed to my game knowledge and helping me get to where I am today.

I thank you all, and although there are many I can mention specifically.. I will mention only three. (Well, three and a half... As I'll be thanking Conqy)

Some special thanks to both Nostalgic and Tetsuo_Sekita (Although he is from w2). I love discusing the game with you both, and you've both extended my knowledge of the game. I'm proud to have you both as my friends.

To Eddie though, my biggest thanks. You were my mentor, you are one of my best friends, and my Dark Warriors experience would not have been the same without you.

And yes, thanks Conqy. You were there to, helping with Eddie. The day you met me we were both noobs, and I am happy to say nothing has changed.

Thanks, to anyone who actually read all of this lol.

Time Posted: March 22 2011 12:35 am EDT
Last updated: March 24 2011 03:15 am EDT

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: