You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

grmann

[+1] [-1]

Subject: My entry:
What made you join Dark Warriors?

I was looking for a free online game that didn't require downloads or flash, and wasn't aggressively real time. So, I went a Googling found Dark Warriors and figured I'd give it a try. I've had enough fun since then to justify sticking around.

How many times do you log in, and what do you log in for?

I log in about once a day. As for why, well, it won't let me play if I don't. Seriously though, I just stay logged in and occasionally do things, because it's easier than relogging every time I want to do something.

What is your favourite part of Dark Warriors?

I'm still only level 4, so I haven't seen everything yet. That in itself is actually a nice thing. I like having stuff to look forward too.

HiLo Live is my biggest money maker, so I think it has to make the list.

Poker's a pretty good way to pass the time ... as long as I don't get stupid, bet crazy and go broke.

I think the OCC has to top the list though. Genuine improvements to my character at a reasonable price, and the delightful agony of wondering, "Is it going to be something good or not?!" when I hit the "Place" button. Unfortunately, this week's spike in the ore markets means it's going to be a while before I can enjoy it again.

What parts of Dark Warriors don't you like?

From what I've seen so far, the play balance on diseases and cures seems a little off, but I'm willing to wait a little longer and see how things work out.

The thing that really seems out of kilter is seafaring combat. The whole system just seems completely unbalanced. The only stat that matters is speed, everything else is basically just a tie-breaker. New players have almost no opportunity to level up and become competitive, and because of this either stay away entirely or just get in, get their fish, and get out. I think if there was a way for new players to be something other than cannon fodder, it would make things a lot more fun for everybody.

Time Posted: February 26 2011 09:40 pm EST
Last updated: February 27 2011 06:14 am EST

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: