You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Admin Nate

[+1] [-1]

Subject: Response
We know it will be confusing at first. But lets try a different perspective. How do you think the old Westland looked when new players started playing when they were swamped with like 60 different links?

For months me and Tom watched new players, how they played, and when they left. We saw the majority of players left after merely a few minutes simply to information overload.

This is a big reason why we revamped the Westland so that right away they would not be overloaded with 60 links, but 8 different locations that could be managed easier. The theory is kind of the same in writing. I for one do not like reading 1 big humongous paragraph that is 20-30 sentences long. My eyes have no time to take a break and relax. But when it broken up into smaller sections I will read it no matter how long the post is.

For all the older players it will be a change and take a little bit to get used to, the new players that sign up will no long be completely overloaded by being thrust into a game with a plethora of links. This will hopefully improve our player retention rate. Plus its not done. We already had planned adding a "?" on each page in the game so that it will give everyone help.

Regards,
Nate

Time Posted: February 24 2011 05:10 pm EST
Last updated: February 25 2011 09:25 am EST

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: