You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

RavenKnight

[+1] [-1]

Subject: Technically...
we all exist, and in fact the universe is here, because of what scientists call 'anti-matter', or the 'God Particle'. The reason for both of these names is because they both represent something impossible to modern physics laws: the ability to shape something from nothing. But that big bang (if true) had to come from somewhere.

Anti-matter is called such because as it is able to be created without previous matter, it is the antithesis to matter - see Hool's post for more details since he copy-and-pasted me to the punch.

But here is the fundamental debate that this provokes - does the creation of anti matter, if we achieve it, PROVE or DISPROVE god?

This is the important thing to be taken away from both mine and Hool's posts - on one hand, it proves God can exist, but it can also prove that scientists could be right. It can be logically applied either way.

Now me personally, I think the laws of probability mean a world as wonderful as ours is slightly too fortunate to be pure coincidence - I am of what you might call a 'watchmaker' persuasion, I believe in the power of science in understanding what could well be a mystical universe. Now of course my faith is based on personal conviction formed through my own unique life path, everyone walks their own path, and thus comes to their own conclusion. I am not saying you should come away thinking I'm telling you to believe in God, I'm just saying it's a possibilty and that that possibilty happens to coincide with my personal beliefs.

Or this (life as we know it) could all just be the sick joke of a cosmological prankster, who knows. Either way, maybe we should focus on the ride, not the seating arrangments.

Time Posted: February 6 2011 07:01 pm EST
Last updated: February 6 2011 07:02 pm EST

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: