You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Roger Ramjet

[+1] [-1]

Subject: Sigh......I am not saying
anything about or having a dig at any persons who spend so do not try and hijack the thread and twist it , like has been done so many times in the past to muddy the waters.

What I am trying to say and please listen (or read carefully) this time.

By reducing the number of areas where non-subbies can improve and still be competitive, you are reducing in the long term the number of players who will stay active and remain in game. I know that with a lot of on-line games (played heaps in my time) that if you get priced out, you will lose the casual and non-subbie that makes up a lot of players. It is like getting someone to chop a tree down with a blunt axe, sure they are doing something but they get nowhere and they leave. AND yes I know all about clans etc and other things in game but eventually this is a 'war' game and if you cannot compete at some level and just end up fodder for those that pay then you soon tire of it. THAT is why I concentrated on areas like seafaring (prior to being able to buy BAP) and outposts and anyone who has been raided or sunk by me in those days know that. I knew I would never be a 'great' venner without spending heaps of real $ and I accepted that and left it to those who wanted to and that is thier choice.

You can keep wrapping up presents in pretty paper and nice bows etc but when that is removed what is left is the real gift. If you don't leave any area's where even non-subbies have a chance at competing then you will lose them. Is this not what this game advertises that you can play without paying?. Sure you can but you forget to tell them other facts and when they join and learn that the area's are limited they leave....and that is the biggest problem. Look at how much activity on the water (which was nearly dead prior to this and I should know) since this piracy CBR has been launched. But how long will it last like CBR in the ven due to it being so heavily tipped in payers favour. Why not instead leave warships only for buying BAP, after all they are the big guns and leave longboats and rowboats as is, levelling up with experience in kills so everyone has a chance?. Too late I suppose now as some people have bought BAP for longboats now.

Now I know not everyone is going to agree and I have had a lot of negative critism in the past, sometimes being personal (you know who you are) over my comments on buying BAP in the past. To those I say mail me and we can talk about rather then bringing it out into the public forum as some spats have done in the past.

And Tom I do thank you for your reply and i understand what you are saying but there has to be balance and that is all I am saying if you want to keep players such as myself there needs to be a palce we can compete and not just a free subbie day here and there or new features that really only benefit the payers. maybe you don't want to keep players like myself and if so then I will take my time and money I spend (even though small by others stardards) and find something else.

No Signature

Time Posted: January 7 2011 12:41 am EST
Last updated: January 7 2011 03:32 am EST

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: