You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Eddie_the_Kid

[+1] [-1]

Subject: well...
simply stated, as blazze points out, everyone misses at least a reset due to work, school, sleep, etc. So how is it a unfair disadvantage if everyone is faced with said disadvantage? Since everyone faces the same problem, wouldnt that be the definition of fairness? Equal footing for everyone?

Also, a bank for plats totally negates the point of having this skill in the first place. What would you withdraw plats for? To donate to your clan? Great that is one option... the only time people would have to take plats out... now the skills is useless. Would you have to take them out to put them on the market? Not likely cause people would complain until there is the option to put them on the market directly from their bank... rendering the ability even more useless. Also, having a bank doesn't solve the problem of not being online to deposit it... unless there is another auto sweep option like the gold bank... wait that would even further negate the option to use this ability. The only way to fix any of these problems would be to add platinum as one of the search requirements in the upper ven... but again we are left with the question of when someone would actually bother taking them out... Not to mention the extra work for developers both to make a bank, and to alter the upper ven.

In other words, the introduction of a bank, with any sort of features you would all be clamouring for in the sake of "fairness" would infact be completely unfair cause it would negate the work people put into finding an egg, incubating it, and training it, as well as learning how to properly set their skills for the largest payout.

So we are left with only a few options here.

- a bank is created making the skill completely useless, as well as being a reducancy since their are already a number of ways to hide plats when you are online. The only way a bank would fix the online problem is if it had an autosweep function, which would then slow the server and make the skill even more useless

- Remove the ability altogether, thus negating all the work people have put into the demon, and in some cases their money if they got the egg through the last sale, or have used AP on it.

- People stop complaining and adapt like I have been saying. Everyone has the same disadvantage, everyone has to adapt, many already have.

Out of those three options only one seems really fair to me... everyone faces the changes like everyone else, and learns to adapt in someway that would benefit them as myself and many others already have... I dont keep any plats out, if someone did get my reset plats and I cared enough to even acknowledge such a minor loss, then i either go and kill one person to replace them, or do one dark forest quest to replace them. I went out and got myself an ice egg, spent hours incubating it, figured out my own optimal skill set up, and started looking for people, learning the ins and outs... I adapted.

The Demons are here, they are an added aspect to the game with huge amounts of potential, and now that they are here, there is no way to alter anything if you wish to keep things fair like you say, this means adapting, I am repeating myself now, but that is what this is always about when people dont like something new because they are too slow to adapt and need to be told a million times before the bulb goes off: "wait, this can easily be made to work"

So much for survival of the fittest I guess, Darwin must be proud to know his entire theory is wrong cause someone can just claim it is unfair (when as I have already shown it isnt), get their way, and weaken the gene pool instead of adapting and evolving to meet their new needs. Looking after your own plats is just a new need. Stealing plats effectively is a new adaptation. The game is evolving, will you guys survive or continue to argue and get left behind while others prosper?

I have had enough of this discussion since I can only say the same thing so many times before I lose interest, and quite frankly, talking to a brink wall is not very mentally stimulating. You've read my arguments and now have a choice, I just hope you pick adapting over the alternative.

Time Posted: December 30 2010 07:07 pm EST
Last updated: December 30 2010 07:07 pm EST

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: