You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Staff Kvakaca

[+1] [-1]

Subject: Opinion on DW business
Now I don't know about you, but I'm someone who likes to plan how he'll spend each cent. In those plans often comes paying for fun, and DW comes to this category.

But I still don't spend, because I'm conffused at what pop up will come up next. Now I know that this pop ups bring most money, but those are just spikes. If you ask me, steady income allways beats spikes. Now I know what you'll say "You can allways buy from stone hut", but seriously, I don't know many who have spend there with those prices knowing that new pop up is just around the corner.

I don't know if it was yesterday, or day before that, but I saw in local pictures of shops (with potions, skills, equipment etc.) and I think that is the way to go. Now here's the catch, if you make this and continue with pop ups players will still wait for them and this shops could end up like nice looking addition and nothing more. In order that this doesn't happen my suggestion is to:

- lower the prices (and I mean by some 30-40% evn 50%) and
- give APs to $ used

Now, once again. I know what you'll say that this looks like something that sales representative offers. Yes it is like things he offers, and that is why I'm mostly spending via sale rep. Thing is I'm playing this game for over a year and know people who knows people... New player doesn't know those people and could spend a lot of money and end up thinking (when he finally finds out about this way of paying), "well this sucks I could've got much better things with those $$$". Therefore, shops would be more public and new players could easely find what they want and older players could plan how to spend.

Also, this doesn't mean you should stop with pop ups, just make them as, I don't know, something like sales in supermarkets, but not all the time. And advertise it weeks in advance, it will look something like:

Hey everybody, next week (or next month) we will have sale on equipment (stones, potions, skills etc.)!!! Be sure to check it out!

If you managed to read all of this, please tell me what you think.

Thanks!

Kvakaca

Time Posted: November 5 2010 10:10 pm EDT
Last updated: November 9 2010 07:24 am EST

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: