You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

*Rinoa*

[+1] [-1]

Subject: A Contest - Tackling Poetry
I am going to give a prize for best song written by any of you sillyness, and another prize for best lyrics or song you googled up for or something that you believe to match me (not allowed to mention 'Barbie Girl' by Aqua nor anything like that).

Now, about first kind of contest... If you already plan to post songs you wrote, do NOT post songs of first love. First loves aren't good for anything but for songs, and in songs they sound cheap and wasted. What happened with good old dark themes? Meaning of life? How about nature? I'll accept anything except love songs, they are too worn out and, besides, the who write love songs too much are usually the ones who never got the girl and still dream their silly dreams or those who had the girl and lost her and now want to drain themselves out as if it's the end of the world. It's a simple fact - true loves aren't the ones that make you burst in flames and act like a 3-year-old. Once it ends, you either live your life or be a depressed outcast. First love is there only to teach us a lesson about life, to either strenghten us up or to drag us down to the bottom. If you are already going to post a song about love, post a song about a true love then - one that is steady and grows with time, one in which each of people know their virtues and vices and are willing to accept themselves as they are and to build their future together with just a small sparks of romance every once in a while, just to spark things up. But that might not be as poetic, though. Rofl

Anyway, I prefer dark themes. Or your own ''studies'' of meaning of life. Give me a good song that deals with any of it and if it's good enough - wn a li'l something.

I'm also adding a contest in writing stories. ''Something Wicked This Way Comes'' is my kind of book, if you read it then you know what I mean . Anyway, anything with that kind of theme well built up or anything by Ivo Andric works perfectly. Any of the themes all these books tackle should be fine (though it's quite a wide selection, you can write almost about anything, rofl). If you have written something that matches any of it, shoot . Or just write whatever story you have, I'm not picky when it comes to a good story (unlike poetry >.> lol)

Give me your best shots

Applicants for contest (only worthy shall be added) :

Poets : Karma_Jack [506326] (damn ka-razy man, lol),
Writers :
Lyric And Story Seekers :

In first two cathegories you can join only if you have written the song or story BY YOURSELF. Last one is for the less fortunate ones, rofl.

Time Posted: July 14 2010 04:27 pm EDT
Last updated: August 2 2010 06:48 am EDT

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: