You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Edward_Thatch

[+1] [-1]

Subject: I would have to say...
As much as I love robbing people blind... I just dont see this idea working as it is.

As the set up stands now, If someone has gold on hand and they are sunk, then the one doing the sinking takes 50% of that gold (considerably less then the 85-90% im used to taking in the ven ) and for now I am fine with this. However, many experianced players will tell you that they use fish as a way to hide their extra gold seeing as there is no way to determine how much fish a person has... this is strike one. strike two is of course that many newbies need their fishing gold and taking it will cause a lot of headache (a point already made clear by others). Strike three I think for this idea is the introduction of caps for seafare. With the limited number of boats on the water combined with the massive amount of work required to level your warship after a while, the introduction of a cap would make this effort even greater as you would have fewer ships available to sink for that ever important boat exp.

This being said, I feel that there is still an option available here. I like the idea of a privateer's licence and a fishing licence but I would change it a bit. What the privateer's licence should allow you to do is board other ships. This means that if a privateer fought someone with only a fishing licence, then they would be boarded (would count for exp of being sunk), but not sunk. If a privateer went up against another privateer then an actual battle would ensue concluding in the victor boarding the loser and at this point perhaps something can be worked in to account for pillaging (possibly fish in this scenerio as having a privateer licence would be like accepting the risks of being raided... but if you just have a fishing licence then nothing at all happens to you or your fish, the attacker just gains the exp)

This idea is a bit half formed and a little complicated so it will likely never happen... but yeah, is a thought.

Time Posted: July 6 2010 07:59 am EDT
Last updated: July 6 2010 09:53 am EDT

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: